Terms & Conditions
In purchasing a ticket, I agree with the following terms and conditions:
Tickets are non-refundable nor transferable;
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings, the Rattler Railway Company (“the Rattler”) reserves the right to alter events, timetables or locomotives without prior notice;
On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN in the Gympie Regional Council area, steam locomotives may not run, instead the train will be operated with a diesel locomotive;
- The operation of steam is subject to weather conditions, total fire ban, volunteer driver availability or situations out of the control of the Rattler Railway Company. At times there may be an operational necessity to change the scheduled engine.
- Should the Rattler be unable to run a specific train/event the Rattler reserves the right to substitute another train from the Mary Valley Rattler fleet, either steam, diesel or electric. However, if this is not possible, a full refund will be given. In this instance, the Rattler will notify you of the cancellation by email;
In the event a potential safety issue is identified by a qualified Rail Safety Worker, the Rattler reserves the right to immediately cease the movement of the train and arrange for passengers to be removed to a safe location.
There is no assigned seating for the train, however if you are travelling with another party on a different booking, please note this in special requirements at time of booking (or give us a ring) to assist us in seating you together.
I acknowledge that due to the heritage nature of the rail experience:
- The Rattler does not have facilities to provide for or accommodate highchairs or prams and there are no bottle warming facilities;
- Prams and wheelchairs will not fit through the doorways of the carriages and some exhibits are accessible only by stairs;
- Due to the heritage nature of our carriages access and egress from the carriages requires the ability to climb stairs and safely negotiate the gap between the platform and the carriage. We are unable to provide manual assistance to board the carriages;
Please note in your booking process if you have requirements in regards to assistance with on boarding.
As a priority project in the ongoing restoration of the Mary Valley Rattler fleet we are currently renovating a carriage that will offer our passengers in wheelchairs a great experience on board the Mary Valley Rattler. This project is some months away due to matters outside of our control. Please stay tuned to our website or touch base with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know when we commence taking bookings for this carriage;
Air conditioning is not available in the carriages;
- I will be exposed to coal dust whilst at the stations or onboard the train and I will not purchase a ticket if I suffer from any lung condition that this might exacerbate;
- A limited number of toilets are available on-board a few of the Rattler’s carriages. If I anticipate that I will need to use a toilet during the trip I will ask a staff member if seating in these carriages is available prior to boarding. Otherwise toilets can be found at the stations;
- The trains are not built to modern safety standards and I will need to listen and obey directions of the Rattler staff in regard to safety including the use of windows and remaining seated whilst the train is in motion etc.
- The Rattler will not be held responsible for passenger items or valuables stored on site;
- We practice the Responsible Serving of Alcoholic Beverages. Accordingly, service and/or travel on the train, either at the commencement of or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of excessive intoxication;
o You are not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages onto the train except if purchased from the Rattler station on the day;
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms or under any roofed areas;
- Assistance dogs are the only animals permitted on the trains;
- Standing and walking on the tracks is not permitted;
- From time to time the Rattler or other parties authorised by the Rattler carries out photography and/or video recording on its premises, which may feature visitors. By booking passage, you agree that the Rattler or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material, in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with the Rattler or such authorised party (as the case may be);
The Rattler reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to its premises and ban from entry to the railway, or remove from the railway, any person who:
- Fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions;
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of the Rattler, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
- Has behaved on railway premises in a manner, which, in the opinion of the Rattler has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
- Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way, provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors on railway premises.
Footplate Viewing at Amamoor
Please note that footplate viewing at Amamoor requires closed in footwear.
- Children must be accompanied with an adult.
- Adverse weather will limit this activity due to the slippery nature of the steps.
- At any time, the train crew can restrict access due to safety reasons.
- We are in the process of putting steps in to make access safer, until such time please follow the above procedures.
- I acknowledge that in consideration of and as a condition of the acceptance by the Rattler of my entry into the train station or upon any part of a train including locomotives and passenger carriages (“the Activity”) I hereby waive (and on behalf of my successors, assigns, executors and administrators) all claims for liability against the Rattler and its servants or agents in any capacity, whether employed or volunteer (“the Releasees”), and release the Rattler and its servants or agents from all liability.
o ‘Liability’ means liability in tort or contract for any death, personal injury, or damage to property where such liability arises as a result of participation in the Activity.
I acknowledge and agree that:
- I will comply with the instructions of the train crew at all times;
- I have read and understand this waiver of my legal rights;
- this waiver covers each and every activity and event in which I participate hereafter and may be pleaded as an indemnity in relation to any claim that may arise therefrom;
- If I purchase the ticket on behalf of a child then I certify that I have the legal responsibility for this child participant and do consent and agree, not only to his/her release of the Rattler and the Releasees but also agree to release and indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to the child participant’s involvement in the Activity. I will ensure that the child participant understands and obeys all safety directions.